Father, when will you reveal it to me? Is it something exciting that you are calling me to do for you? Will I be serving you in some foreign land maybe? (Mama, Mama! Im bored! There is nothing fun to do! Can I help? Let me try, can I lick the spoon? Do you love me, Mama? Will you read me a book now? But I'm not tired yet. When can we go to Grandma's house?)
Oh, Lord, I'm ready! I'm listening. Please just tell me what you have in mind. There is certain to be some wonderful important mission for me. (Mama, Mama! Can I have a drink? See me ride my bike? Will you push me on my swing? What's for supper, Mama?)
Father, I am longing to serve you! If only I knew what it was you wanted me to do, Id plunge in with all my heart! I'm wanting to serve you in some eternal way, to be your hand, Lord, to a needy world, (Mama, come see what I made! When is the library open? Will you have time to show me how to do this project? I need help! I can't find my shoe. Please, Mama? I'm tired. I'm hungry. Will you hold me now?)
Father, I am wanting a ministry so badly. I am wanting to serve you now, in this day and hour, in the real world. Maybe you'll ask me to sing or teach or to soothe hurting hearts. Maybe I could train young people to go out into the mission fields. Show me, Lord, show me! Call to me! Give me a word of direction. (Mama! Mama! Listen to me! Will you read to me? Mama, I don't feel good. I don't know what to do. I'm scared. Talk to me. Help me, Mama. I can't reach it. I'm lonely. Do you want to go for a walk with me? Will you help me now? I picked you this flower, Mama. Do you love me, Mama? Are you still praying, Mama? Are you still too busy, Mama?..... Mama?..... Mama?...... Are you listening?)
by Elece Hollis
No comments:
Post a Comment