Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Very Sad

We set out after piano lessons, to what we thought would be a simple task; getting a nativity set for a couple places in the house. After Walmart, Shopko, Kmart, Menards, Walgreens, and Farm & Fleet and still no nativity set :( ! This saddened my heart terribly! With each stop my heart grew so heavy with the thoughts of what God must think of all of this! I even told the man at Shopko that said "no" after I had asked him if they had any nativity sets, that that was so sad that stores have many isles of Christmas stuff and they can't even have what the holiday is suppose to be about"! So unless ordered online or going to a christian store is the only way to find Jesus in Christmas ;( I was so saddened at what satan has done to this beautiful celebration! We fuss over decorations, parties, presents, ect.... do we really remember what it is all about? Or is it just a little part of the holiday? Do we worry about how beautiful everything looks, what we will buy for each other, what presents we will receive, or are we in awe at the beauty beyond our understanding that happened one special night! That is a daily awe, but as we set aside a day (birthday) as we do for our own birthdays, do we really think about whose day it is?

"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: Luke 1:31-32
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

1 comment:

dancingthroughreality said...

That is terrible! I love Christmas and all the decorations and seasonal snacks and parties and I love shopping for special gifts. But I love so very much more the special realness of Christ's presence. Its sickening that other things take the forefront. Its CHRISTmas for goodness sake!